Thursday, August 12, 2010


It's Thursday, which means that it's time for Year Book Shenanigans! A new weekly feature that brings to you comical and sweet yearbook photos of school years past. I have a large collection of vintage year books and would like to share some of the images with you!

This week I bring to you an interesting interaction between a music teacher and their student though year book signing. Oh to be a fly on the wall. These two images are from 1964, 1965.



.1964.
" Connie- I certainly have enough to remember you by this year! I believe we'd had our share of ups and downs, but I am sure it's mostly up, at least now. Please keep up the ol' optimism. You have been one, and will be a fine flutist and musician. I truly enjoy having you as a student. Don't disappoint me!"


.1965.
"Connie- What could I possibly write that would appropriately convey what you have meant to me as a student? You are a top flight musician, great student, and very thoughtful as a person. I've enjoyed our talks so much. Please keep in touch, and use me as a reference any time. I do hope you go to Cornell as a music student."

Interestingly, the teacher is not pictured in the next yearbook of 1966. Hummmm

No comments:

Post a Comment