Thursday, January 29, 2009

Alica Paulson


Photo: Alica Paulson -of Posie Gets Cozy.

Alica Paulson of Posie Gets Cozy is one of the most creative and lovely people I have been reading about for years now. Her blog is beautiful, inspiring and real. It is like seeing through a tiny window to someones life. Her window opens to a family that keeps growing [another baby this year!] and a creative spirit that won't stop. Alica has quite a few books under her belt and is working on another! Her photography is clear and colorful, her crafts simple and sweet. I love her down home atmosphere to her blog and I find myself going there often for something to read and see.

Recently, she posted about her Chicken Tikka Masala recipe that she has tweaked until right. Pete and I read all about it and we are going to try it tomorrow! [sans chicken] It sounds delicious and since the nearest Indian restaurant to us is 30+ miles away, we'll have to settle for homemade. Wish us luck!
photo: Alica Paulson

I also am very excited to try out her Swedish Pancakes too! I have had them bookmarked for months, never trying it out. This weekend is as good as any! I also have been reading a lot on All Recipes lately. They have wonderful sections on their website for healthy cooking. I truly love making a grocery list, filling my cart with healthy items [and a few non healthy ones!] coming home, putting them away, and cooking great meals. I think its therapeutic.

For Instance, All Recipes reports that there are 12 major fruits and vegetables you should buy organic because even after washing still contain a high amount of pesticides. Mmm, imagine bitting into these fruits and veggies and having to think about the chemicals that got them to your mouth. If you are anything like me, this list contains a lot of produce that I eat!

1. Apples
2. Cherries
3. Grapes, imported
4. Nectarines
5. Peaches
6. Pears
7. Raspberries
8. Strawberries
9. Bell Peppers
10. Celery
11. Potatoes
12. Spinach

This list is helpful when it comes to buying groceries because organic produce is usually priced higher. They suggest that the following produce items have less pesticide residue and therefore the price of purchasing them
verses the organic may say you a few cents. [and your health]

1. Broccoli
2. Corn
3. Onions
4. Peas
5. Kiwi
6. Bananas
7. Pineapples
8. Asparagus
9. Cauliflower
10. Papaya
11. Avocado
12. Mangos

No comments:

Post a Comment