Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Thrifted Umbrella Stand DIY

Today I did a quick afternoon DIY project. I found this metal umbrella stand at the thrift store yesterday for $4.99 Naturally, I scooped it up right away for that price and made a mental "to do" to pick up some cheap black spray paint. So, this morning I walked to my local hardware store and picked up a $2.49 can of matte black spray paint.

Back at home, I tapped off the top of the can where I didn't want the black paint to be. I could have been a little more creative here with the design, but I wanted to stay simple. After tapping off the top section of the can, I took it outside, placed it on a tarp, and lightly sprayed layer after layer of the paint onto the can using the same direction. (side to side)

 



In the end, I think it came out nicely. Next time, I would opt for the $3 more for better spray paint. But, me being thrifty for this project, I am happy with the total of $7.48!

1 comment:

  1. My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different web address and thought I may as well check things out. I’m surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, great blog!
    Homescpaes Cheats

    ReplyDelete