Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ezra Jack Keats


Ezra Jack Keats is one of my favorite illustrators. I have always adored this illustration from "The Snowy Day". This is a book to truly become lost in. As the pages turn the colors explode, textures abound, and Keats illustrations effortlessly portray the excitment of a snowy day.

I recently discovered a website that sells his illustrations in poster size! I am seriously considering this one for my living room. I find his art so inspiring and colorful with a delicious vintage feel. The patterns of the paper he used make me want to take up more print making.


___________________________________________________________________

On a side note, I had my first lingerie sale in ItsBella. I am so thrilled to be packing up and shipping a piece of vintage lingerie. This piece in particular is a pair of panties that are the most beautiful shade of aqua blue/green. They are the high waisted style and have much class. [I always thought leaving more to the imagination was key] I hope my customer is as pleased with their purchase as I am sending it to them.

____________________________________________________________________

Lastly, here is a photo of my Boston Terrier, Bella. She can be very difficult to capture in a photograph because she is always moving! I was enticing her during this photo with a treat. [thus the looking up expression] She was beginning to get very "barky" and annoyed when I wasn't giving it to her and the photos became worse and worse. So, this is the best one out of 20.




xo

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the sale . Finally a pic of my precious grandpuppy. Stay warm. <3

    ReplyDelete