Saturday, January 10, 2009

Custom Portraits @ Olivesomeday

I painted a new frame for a custom portrait. I think it came out pretty cute. It would make a very sweet wedding gift. You can pick it up in the shop!

It is snowing in Eastern Pennsylvania, again. This is the view from my studio window. I have an outhouse my back yard! Its snow covered and the snow is expected to continue. I miss the maple tree and its leaves. When that tree is full, it is a sight to behold. I adore it. I love layingin my bed, listening to its leaves rustle...

My husband and I bought a 100 year old farm house about 19 months ago and we have been fixing it up, slowly, but surely. This is a little sneak peek at our upstairs bathroom that we re modeled this summer. It was a long process that involved repainting a claw foot bathtub, moving a sink, removing a sink from the wall, light fixtures, pipes, paint, etc! I adore the new look very much!For a month we had the tub shoved on its side in our hallway next to our bedroom. We had to inch by every time we walked down the hallway! The frustration was worth it in the end!

The wall paint is Martha Stewart's "Celadon Pottery" and the shower curtain is from Ikea. [it is actually a curtain turned on its long side and held in place with large window curtain rings] Only $14.99, which I love that price tag! We kept the same toilet but bought a new sink from Lowes. [as charming as the old one was, it was in horrible shape and we could hardly fit out hands underneath the faucets to wash] Also, we have oil heat, so the hot would get blasting hot and scald our poor hands! My hubby tiled the floor, which was an entire major project in itself, but he was amazing. His only request: that I stop coming in the room to "help", ha! Guess I wasn't very helpful!

Now enjoy a cup of hot cocoa brimming with marshmallows...

xo

6 comments:

  1. Well so glad to see a different version of the black and white portrait I keep on my desk.
    The out house looks great but where's Bella?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you do with that amazing old sink?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour you chose! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bathroom is gorgeous, absolutely love it. Such a great colour - we're working on our place next weekend so this is a great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the sink is on my porch! Come and get it!

    xo

    ReplyDelete