Tuesday, July 6, 2010

new frames..



I really got away from painting frames and filling them with vintage children's book illustrations. It requires a lot of patience, waiting for the paint to dry and flipping through countless books to find the "right" image for the frame. I have sold some really lovely ones in the past, but have not had any in the shop in a long time. Here are two from this afternoon.

I have another one for tomorrow, which is still drying. It will be black and filled with a lovely girl on a swing.

This one is made from wood and painted white and sanded for a worn in look. I have this great mod vintage wall paper, two whole huge rolls of it, that I decided to fill it with. I then added a vintage mint green ribbon and it was complete! This one is also available in the shop now.

2 comments:

  1. Love the frames. So glad you decided to put more in the shop. I'm definitely getting one this time around.

    ReplyDelete