Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Brunch

It was a quiet morning and I decided to make myself something for brunch that wasn't a fruit and yogurt smoothie [as my busy mornings usually call for something quick for breakfast] I have never been able to understand humans who do not make themselves breakfast. I would be so cranky, tired, and hungry! [not the way I would want to start my day]

This is a sweet potato and red potato dish that I make with fresh herbs and kale greens. It is full of vitamins and comes out delicious every time!


Cooked Potatoes and Greens
Serves: 2
Time: approx: 25 minutes

1 medium yam [skinned and chopped in small thin pieces]
1 medium red potato [skinned and chopped in small thin pieces]
1 small cooking onion [chopped thinly]
1 1/2 C of kale greens [washed and chopped]
olive oil
handful of chopped fresh rosemary and thyme
kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper


[1] Add olive oil to a large frying pan on medium to high heat. Add the red potato, toss with oil and cook for 4-5 minutes.

[2] Add yams and onion, toss to coat and cook for 5 minutes. [pop the pan's lid on if the potatoes are not cooking quickly enough]

[3] Add the thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper and stir. Turn the heat down and cook for approx 6-7 minutes longer. If you like crispier potatoes, take te lid off, turn up the heat and get a good sear on the potatoes, flip to get it on the other side.

[4] Add the kale greens and a dash of olive oil, stir until wilted, about 3 minutes.


[5] Serve on plates. Goes fantastic with a fried egg on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment